Monday, June 27, 2011

God, use me today to make someone else's day better.

Reposted from my facebook page

3rd quarter at work today a coworker, who incidentally is a practicing Christian, started talking to me. Mind you, I don't talk much at all at work. the first four hours I said maybe 5 words. I could tell he had something heavy on his heart. He and his family went to visit extended family over the weekend and he told me about how his sister-in-law's husband verbally and emotionally abused her 17 year old (from a previous marriage/relationship). My coworker said he and his wife briefly spoke about having the boy come live with them for his senior year to get him out of that environment, but they were afraid of the family tension it would cause. But they are also afraid he may be a little suicidal. After a quick, silent prayer, my words to him were,

"Yes it might cause a little tension, but this is a young man's life we are talking about here. I think that is worth some tension. Honestly, if I were in your position, I would pray about it. Ask God for an answer."

He looked at me and said, " Yeah, that's a good idea." And I watched as his shoulders straightened up a little and a smile appeared on his face.

God is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment